The first church in Coagh, known as Temporary Chapel was opened in 1869.
In 1916 a stable was purchased and became known as St Mary’s. This was the permanent Church until Our new Church was built in 1992 Known as Church of our Lady.
Part of the old St Mary’s Church is still behind the Parochial House and called Our Lady’s Oratory.
The new church opened on Sunday 27th December 1992 by his Eminence Cahal B Daly Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland.